Views
Helpful
Replies

2702 losing config

sunithmandalia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a couple of 2702 APs setup as lightweight and managed by our 5760 controller. However with both of these they seem to lose their entire config after being unplugged from the power. I've seen a few bug reports about this happening on older software, but these are running on 15.3(3) JN4, which should have the bug fixed.

Any ideas on how we can get these APs working correctly.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The question might be irrelevant since the lightweight AP gets it's config from the controller when it joins. If the AP is not connected to the controller, it can not operate (config or no config).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ok, so i've got another 2702 brand new out of the box and repeated the same steps to configure it via the controller. Once it's power off and back on again, it comes back up with the same hostname and previous config, it was configured with via the controller and re-joins the controller no problem. These other 2 seem to come back up again with their MAC addresses as hostnames and none of the previous config from the controller.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card