cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3502i LED not remaining lit

davidjr48
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of deploying 3502i APs. This site has 2 - 5508 WLCs both running Software version 7.0.220.0 and 2 - 4402 WLCs both running the same version of software as the 5508s.

All of the APs that I have installed so far have joined the controller and I can associate to them and access the network. When the APs first are connected to the switch they go through the 'normal' boot up with the LED changing colors - white, red, green, blue (not necessarily in that order). Once the AP has completed its boot sequence the LED goes out and remains NOT lit.

This is happening to most but not all of the APs. This is the first time I have deployed 3502s - previous experience is with 1142s and 1242s and the LED does not do this with them.

I can, through the CLI, turn the LED on but it is then ALWAYS blue, even if a device is NOT associated to it.

I do not want to leave them off because the account will believe they have a 'dead' AP and with them always blue they cannot properly troubleshoot using the LED.

Any ideas????

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

You will need to look at this "Field Notice" I believe;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/ts/fn/635/fn63537.html

Related to this bug;

CSCtw90465 - 1262 / 3502 AP failure with White status LED

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Rated, Smooth Rob.

Hey Leo,

Thanks buddy Didn't see you here for the last few

weeks....hopefully out on vacation.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Damon Garner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you plug in a console cable and open a terminal emulator, like putty, what messages are you seeing on the console?

If you are not seeing any console messages you should open a TAC case.

davidjr48
Level 1
Level 1

I want to thank both of you that responded. I was having a difficult time opening a TAC case and discovered this forum and thought it may be a good place to try and get an answer. Fortunately I did get a response from TAC and discovered it is a 'bug' in the .220 code on the controllers which is rectified in .235.

Ouf company goes through a very long process before pushing out new code so for the time being I will enable the lights through the CLI....that part works fine.

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card