cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5520 WLC running software version 8.10.130.0, SSIDs disappear.

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have an office in Amsterdam where the corporate SSID's all periodically disappear for about 10 seconds at a time and then they come back.  The guest wifi SSID is the only one that is not affected for some reason. 

Has anyone here in the forums ever seen this behavior?

If so please let me know how you dealt with/resolved it?

Thank you.

8 Replies 8

How frequently does it occur? Is SSID disappearing across the board on all APs or on selected APs?

As a general recommendation, I would suggest upgrading your WLC to 8.10.185.x 

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hello Rasika, 

It happens across the board to all of the AP's and only lasts for about 10 seconds typically.  This WLC also employs an Anchor WLC.  Not sure if that sheds any light on the issue.  The aps we currently have on the WLC are the following models:  AIR-AP2802I-E-K9
C9130AXI-E
AIR-AP3802I-E-K9

Please let me know your thoughts on what may be causing this to happen??

Thank you!

What firmware is the controller on? 

Are the issues more common when the users are connected to the 2800/3800? 

Were they using MS Teams in gathering of about >10 people (per AP)?

Hi Leo,

The firmware is 8.10.130.0.  This happens to all of the aps and its happening daily not just during any gatherings.

@victoriabardy wrote:
This happens to all of the aps and its happening daily not just during any gatherings.

Please make sure this issue is happening also to the 9130 because if this only happens to the 2800/3800 then "it make sense" because there is a very long list of Bug IDs that is exclusive only to the 2800/3800/4800/1560 series family of APs.

Also try to upgrade the firmware of the controller.  8.10.130.0 is not really something I would recommend.  

Try upgrading to 8.10.185.0.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the model of the APs? 

It sounds like the radio is crashing.

Denniz
Level 1
Level 1

This also happens to me on a vWlc! When i go over 14 ssid's (every ssid is NOT enabled of course) this start to happen on new wlans. The weird thing is that if I edit an existing wlan and change ssid and everything it works as expected. I have still no clue why this is happening.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I second all the other comments - 8.10.130.0 is *very* old and in fact 8.10.185.3 now supersedes 8.10.185.0 because DFS is broken in 8.10.185.0 for those Wave 2 APs.  Link for 8.10.185.3 is below.

@Denniz question leads me to ask - how many SSIDs do you have @victoriabardy ? 

Denniz - 14 is too many even if they aren't enabled!  The WLC will still provision them on the APs.
You can add and remove WLANs from the AP group as and when needed if you need to make changes but keep them to an absolute minimum.  I bet Cisco has never tested with that many so you're in uncharted/untested territory.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card