cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925 Preserved Trace Logs

Mark VandeVere
Level 1
Level 1

We had an issue were TAC requested we gather trace log files. Every time I tried to collect the files, the phone would reboot and I would lose the files.

I set Trace Settings to Preserve Files. Now I have collected the files, but don't know how to delete them, and don't find it in the admin documentation thus far. Any suggestions from someone with experience?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like the files are only removed after the 792x phone is factory reset or performs a firmware upgrade.

There is no harm in having those files there in flash.

Just ensure you have Preserve Logs set to FALSE to stop writing the logs to flash then the audio quality should be good; otherwise if set to TRUE then yes the audio quality can definitely be impacted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set Preserve Logs to to FALSE, then reboot the 7925 phone.

But no harm in these files remaining there.

For the Trace Settings, you will want to ensure that Reset Trace Settings upong Reboot is set to YES.

Unfortunately, this does not clear the already preserved files from flash; I've tried this three times and they remain. Hence my question.

My only confernce with leaving the files there is that the user has observed a noticeable decline in device performance since those files were saved. IE: delay in dial tone playing, delay in dialing to the point where the call is connected while the screen still displays that it is dialing digits.

Looks like the files are only removed after the 792x phone is factory reset or performs a firmware upgrade.

There is no harm in having those files there in flash.

Just ensure you have Preserve Logs set to FALSE to stop writing the logs to flash then the audio quality should be good; otherwise if set to TRUE then yes the audio quality can definitely be impacted.

Thank you for clarifying and confirming process. We leave phones set to FALSE for Preserve Logs, and leave all Trace Settings to Error unless Debug is required, so we'll monitor and leave it along for now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card