cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9130AXI access points are not joining the local 3504 (IOS 8.10.181)

Ip1
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a batch of 9130AXI AP's not joining the local 3504 WLC. Option 43 is good AP is receiving a IP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the Date of Manufacture of the APs, are they after September 2022? 

If they are, upgrade the WLC to 8.10.18X.0 (and later).

1. FN - 72424 - Later Versions of Some Wi-Fi 6 Access Points Fail to Join the WLAN Controller
  2. C9105/C9120/C9130 Access Points Manufactured Starting in September 2022 May Require Code Upgrades

Thanks Leo. These AP's are VID 3. 

I connected couple of new AP's (9130AXI) to my WLC had on IOS V 8.10.151 and noticed the fn72424 issue. then upgraded to IOS 8.10.181. Those two new AP's connected to the WLC during the upgrade got registered after the upgrade with the WLC without an issue.

I have few more 9130AXI's need to connect and they are not registering with the WLC for some reason. 

>...I have few more 9130AXI's need to connect and they are not registering with the WLC for some reason. 
                  - Check controller logs when they try to join and post the ap boot process (too)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Connect a console cable to the AP, reboot the AP and post the boot-up process.

I restarted the port connected to the switch- nothing changed. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/724/fn72424.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

can you share the console output from any of those C9130s not joining please?

Ip1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leo. Date changed nd upgraded the WLC to 8.10.183.0. Fixed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card