Views
Helpful
Replies

9500 in stackWise and EWC

Guillermo_PY
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Reading the document https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-744299.html to implement EWC on 9000 series, I see this note:

Note:       HA SSO is not supported with the Catalyst 9400 Series StackWise Virtual setups, nor with the Catalyst 9500 or 9500H Series

And my question: Is necessary to break the stack on my 9500 to deploy EWC?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

No. This means that  If you have 9500 with stackwise you are not going to have HA SSO with EWLC.  That´s it.

You can have EWLC without HA SSO.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

No. This means that  If you have 9500 with stackwise you are not going to have HA SSO with EWLC.  That´s it.

You can have EWLC without HA SSO.

Hi @Flavio Miranda 

Only to reconfirm, Is not necessary to break my 9500 StackWise, but my EWLC will be deployed like a Single switch design as mentioned in the document, right?

that´s correct.  You can build a HA +1 topology instead.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@Guillermo_PY are you planning to use SDA EWC and non-SDA EWC?

If non-SDA then take careful note of the warning at the top of that doc:

"Embedded Wireless on Catalyst 9000 Series Switch (non-SDA) using WebUI will be End of Support (Q3FY21) with no additional feature development or code changes and 17.3.x is the last supported release."

non-SDA is already end of support and you won't be able to upgrade beyond IOS-XE 17.3.x which is itself approaching end of life.  If using SDA then no problem - that is still supported.

Guillermo_PY
Level 1
Level 1

@Rich R  thanks for your good observation. I will keep it in mind.

Yes, I have the intention to use it in non-sda

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card