Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 show APs with zero clients

Bruno Dinis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

during AireOS days, we can see all APs with the number of clients connected.
Nowadays that doesn't seem to be possible...

in the Monitoring / Wireless / Clients - only shows where do I have clients, this is not the intention
in the Configuration / Wireless / Access Points - there is no column to see the number of actual clients connected

in the old AireOs, this would be visible from WIRELESS tab in the column No. of Clients connected

Can some of you shed some light?

best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the command "sh ap summary load-info".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about in the Dashboard : Overview --> Top Access point

balajibandi_1-1670864651329.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There will be other difference that you will find between the two.  However, on the 9800 main dashboard, there is a dashlet that has access point with client list.  This might not work for you if you have a lot of access points.  You can also use the monitor clients and filter on access points, or sort.  You can also export the data to csv and then parse it in excel if you want.

Other than that, I don't think you will get the same data as what you are looking for without some work.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I found the dashlet option earlier, but I have to constantly go back to the home page, and filter the TOP Access Points, and Sort by AP's with Lowest Client Count... and again... limited to the 10 lowest client counts...

It might just be easier for you to export the client data from the GUI and then just use excel to count.  You can either just use a pivot table or power query to do that.  Then all you have to do is go to the sheet where you paste that client information in, delete the old entries and paste in the new entries.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sure you can automate the process or may be look option for API to get what you looking to do.

For now in the GUI that is a limitation.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the command "sh ap summary load-info".

Leo, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Perfect!

expecting this view to be available on the GUI soon

BEst Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card