Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point 2702 Keeps booting

Susotelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I recently update the default gateway of my wireless infrastructure, when one of my access point reboot, it stopped works so I tried somethings to restart the AP but nothing worked so I decided to do a factory reset at the end of the reboot the access point started to rebooting all the time and keeps rebooting.

This is the main error that I saw Error opening flash:/capwap-saved-config (No such file or directory)

Hope you can help me. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Susotelo wrote:
*Mar 1 00:00:21.755: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0, changed state to up
*Mar 1 00:00:22.755: %LINK-6-UPDOWN: Interface BVI1, changed state to down
*Mar 1 00:00:23.755: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BVI1, changed state to down
*Mar 1 00:00:27.599: %LINK-6-UPDOWN: Interface BVI1, changed state to up 

I think I know what this is.  The AP is running a firmware with a bug which sends BPDU to the switch.  The switch then error-disables the port which causes the AP to lose power.  There is an auto-recovery of an error-disabled port statement which then enables the port and the cycle repeats itself. 

The only way to fix this is to go to the port and enter the command "spanning-tree bpduguard disable". 

Refer to CSCur86600.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi

Try the command "clear capwap private-config" via CLI.

Make sure AP can ping AP and vice-versa.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I tried to do that but I can't. Check the video below please to see what happen with the AP.

@Susotelo wrote:
*Mar 1 00:00:21.755: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0, changed state to up
*Mar 1 00:00:22.755: %LINK-6-UPDOWN: Interface BVI1, changed state to down
*Mar 1 00:00:23.755: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BVI1, changed state to down
*Mar 1 00:00:27.599: %LINK-6-UPDOWN: Interface BVI1, changed state to up 

I think I know what this is.  The AP is running a firmware with a bug which sends BPDU to the switch.  The switch then error-disables the port which causes the AP to lose power.  There is an auto-recovery of an error-disabled port statement which then enables the port and the cycle repeats itself. 

The only way to fix this is to go to the port and enter the command "spanning-tree bpduguard disable". 

Refer to CSCur86600.

That almost works, but now the AP wait for more time to reboot.

I tried to connect to the WLC because the AP din't connect by itself. Please see the PDF to see the configuration.

This is the configuration of the switch port:

interface GigabitEthernet5/7
 description Port 278 AP
 switchport access vlan 10
 switchport mode access
 spanning-tree bpduguard disable
end

Thank you.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Console into the AP and post the boot-up process. We want to see what is causing this issue.
What is the firmware version of the controller?

I did that is the PDF file.
I'm not pretty sure about the firmware, but I think is; C2700 Software (AP3G2-RCVK9W8-M)

Two issues, first the very old image of LWAPP image version 8.0.115.0, but it should still work with this.
Second issue, it seems the AP has some old invalid configuration, I suggest you reset it by using the reset button on the device. Here you find details: https://popravak.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/resetting-cisco-capwaplwap-access-point-to-factory-defaults/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card