Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point 3600 series antenna.

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

Ap 3600 series have four inbuilt antenna's. can all the antennas transmit 2.4 and 5 GHz radio ..? Or Two will be transmitting 2.4 while another two 5 GHz ...?

KVS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vijay kumar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Prasan,

The 3602I model access point is configured with four dual-band inverted-F antennas, and two 2.4-GHz/5-GHz dual-band radios.

There are four antennas deployed inside the access point with one deployed on each corner of the 3602I access point top housing. Each antenna covers both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands with a

single feed line.

The basic features are as follows:

• Dual-band inverted-F antenna for use in both the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands.

• Antenna unit integrated into the 3602I model access point.

• Peak gain is approximately 2 dBi in the 2.4-GHz band and approximately 4 dBi in the 5-GHz band

Regards,

TS

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vijay kumar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Prasan,

The 3602I model access point is configured with four dual-band inverted-F antennas, and two 2.4-GHz/5-GHz dual-band radios.

There are four antennas deployed inside the access point with one deployed on each corner of the 3602I access point top housing. Each antenna covers both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands with a

single feed line.

The basic features are as follows:

• Dual-band inverted-F antenna for use in both the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands.

• Antenna unit integrated into the 3602I model access point.

• Peak gain is approximately 2 dBi in the 2.4-GHz band and approximately 4 dBi in the 5-GHz band

Regards,

TS

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The four antennas are designed as "dual band", which means it'll transmit at both 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz.

They are located in the corners so two will transmit and two will receive. 

That's confusing Leo.... hahaha  The 3602 is a 4x4x3, which means 4 (dual transmitter), 4 (dual receivers) and 3 spatial stream.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

LOL

Keep in mind the tx power of the 3600 is 200mw .. Double the tx of traditional Cisco aps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

This access point has four anteena with one  deployed on each corner of the 3602I access point top housing. Each  antenna covers both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands with a  single feed line.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card