Views
Helpful
Replies

Aeroscout service on MSE 7.0.105

jeremyp81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently updated one of our customer's MSE to version 7.0.105. Now for some reason the Aeroscout service will not run. I have tried starting it manually , however it stops after 10 - 15 secs.

here is partial getserverinfo output

-------------
Context Aware Sub Services
-------------

Sub Service Name: aeroscout
Version: 3.2.0 - 4.0.14.14
Description: AeroScout® Location Engine for RSSI and TDOA asset tracking
Active: false

The weird this is that I have updated our own MSE to 7.0.105 and didnt get this problem. Has any one else bumped into this problem ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

It seems your aeroscout engine is not compatible with 7.0.105. You need version 4.2 of the aeroscout engine to keep the process up and running. If you downgrade the MSE, it will work fine. Otherwise, you will need to open a TAC SR or contact aeroscout directly to obtain the updated engine version 4.2 or higher.

You can contact them at http://support.aeroscout.com.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

It seems your aeroscout engine is not compatible with 7.0.105. You need version 4.2 of the aeroscout engine to keep the process up and running. If you downgrade the MSE, it will work fine. Otherwise, you will need to open a TAC SR or contact aeroscout directly to obtain the updated engine version 4.2 or higher.

You can contact them at http://support.aeroscout.com.

Thanks for the reply

I thought that would be the case. I just find it weird that i've updated the our own MSE the same way and the service still runs and works. It would be nice if Aerscout was embeded with the upgrade package, or at least on CCO to download .

The customer is runing WCS version 7 so I cant downgrade MSE to version 6. There is no smartnet on the MSE so it looks like ill have to get in contact with aeroscout.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card