cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP2802I - Status led lights constantly red !?

ReichmuthM
Level 1
Level 1
Status LED constantly red:      no clients are connected    -> I would expect a green light
Status LED constantly blue:    Wifi-Clients connected        -> ok, as expected, Clients are connected normally

Inline Power ok:    26,1 Watt

WLC / SW Version:    
8540 / 8.2.151.0
5508 / 8.3.112.0

Same Problem with both WLC's / SW version.

The AP seams to be connected normally to the WLC. No special Log entry.

Does someone know what this constantly red luminous LED means?

I haven’t found any information under cisco.com.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards
Marc
3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here are the LED status indication:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/2800/quick/guide/ap2800iegetstart.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately there is no description about a permanent red lighting status LED.

Regards

Ethan Grinnell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you figure this out? I don't recall seeing a solid red indicating no client connected on our 2802 APs. The Cisco docs for LED status don't include ALL of the LED codes though. There are other conditions not listed. Blinking green according to that doc only means that there was a bootloader signing error, but the same LED sequence also means that the AP is booting up normally. I've seen a light green LED status, fast blue blink, solid white, neither of which are mentioned.

Two things come to my mind with your observation. One is that it might be a manufacturing defect. Maybe the wrong LED was used. How many APs have you noticed this on? Does it always work that way or does it change? Another idea is that the LED indicaton may change depending on the XOR radio operational mode. I think I've seen that happen. I'm going to play with my test 2802 to confirm though.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card