cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3502i adapters not allowing hosts to connect

dfarrell
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had the Aironet 3502i APs installed in our infrastructure and are having a bad time with hosts connecting to them. The controller sees them, they have an IP, they are showing a solid green light, but you cannot get devices to connect. If you reboot the device you get about 5 seconds of connection and then it disconnects. The only cure seems to be rebooting the APs, but I am baffled why this keeps happening.

The installer is blaming our devices, but it is happening to laptops, thin clients, and even cell phones.

From what I've seen, everything works fine until, i believe, the device tries to refresh it's lease and is unable to do so. I am still experiencing this issue and it is affecting a lot of users. Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies 6

daviwatk
Level 3
Level 3

It would be best to start by providing a client debug so we can see the issue.  You're describing two different issues: not being able to "connect" vs not being able to "get an ip address".  You mention a solid green light which would indicate no clients are associated, however they "can" connect right after the AP is rebooted, but then disconnect when renewing their release after 5 seconds?  That doesn't quite add up.  So if a client gets an IP, they disconnect in 5 seconds, or they just don't get an IP?

Start a client debug on the WLC's CLI, log the outputs, and post them here when finished

1. >config paging disable

2. >debug client

Get the debug going and then try to connect one of your clients.  Post what outputs you collect.  Give the client 30 seconds to a minute of trying so we can see what kind of behavior is taking place.

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

What code are you running on the controllers?   I ran into a similiar problem, here was the fix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_2_110_0.html

this level of code has a bug.

CSCtx80961 “Controller stops accepting new client association (or reassociations), due to depletion of timers”.

As David points out a client debug is the next logical step. We can see what the controller is showing and what is happening.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I did all of that, then a show tech, this is where the bug showed up.  It keeps clients from joining due to a timer issue.  Good luck.

Hi Mark,

Sorry I was replyng back to David's orginal post.

BTW Welcome to CSC

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Srin_G
Level 3
Level 3

Mark is right, I ran into same issue and was fixed after downgrading it to 7.2.110

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2158202 it is a bug.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card