cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Configuration Administration Tool

a.manosca
Level 4
Level 4

I'm still in the process of familiarizing myself with Cisco wireless products (HW and SW) so please bear with me.

Is the Cisco ACAT required for all Wireless installations? Or is this an optional tool for management?

Thanks in advance.

Ariel

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

It is optional. Each AP comes with enough on-board resources to provide management capabilities for most every situation. The optional management tools really come in handy when you have a lot of APs to manage. Don't get me wrong. You could use WLSE or ACAT with even just one AP if you wanted to but some would view it as overkill.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply. But you mentioned AP?? I thought the ACAT, as well as the ACAU, are tools for the Client Adapater?? Could you shed me a little more light, please?

Thanks.

Sorry, typing too fast for my own good. I meant to say that both APs and Client Adapters come bundled with enough management software to get most confguration s done and everything else is optional. Sorry for the confusion.

One final question, if you don't mind, do you know any Cisco documentation (URL) which I can use as a reference in case our customer asks for one? You may have probably guessed, this is a part of a proposal for our customer's wireless network design. They always like to see the 'details' and some 'proof'. I have already started collecting some of them and I'm still reading some release notes.

Thanks again for your time and interest in this post.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card