Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative for 702w work group bridge

Heiko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

at the moment my company uses Aironet 702W Access Points to get a network connection to the forklifts. We configured them all with an autonomous image. The 702W has 4 Lan ports and is PoE capable.

Is there an alternative for this modell because its out of sale since Feburary 2018?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm taking you have the 702W configured as a WGB connecting back to the rest of the wireless network.

The 702W was replaced by the 1810W but there is no autonomous image, or support for bridge modes. 

Cisco is looks like its killing off autonomous APs and make mobility express its replacement, not sure how this is going to work for WGB style requirements

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm taking you have the 702W configured as a WGB connecting back to the rest of the wireless network.

The 702W was replaced by the 1810W but there is no autonomous image, or support for bridge modes. 

Cisco is looks like its killing off autonomous APs and make mobility express its replacement, not sure how this is going to work for WGB style requirements

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card