cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANT2566D4M-RS= does not support AireOS ?

lenkasurat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, wanted to know if the self-identifying feature only is not supported in AirOS or it will completely not work with AirOS and will only be functional in IOS-XE as cisco document says (The Self Identifying Antenna model ANT2566D4M-RS= is supported only on Cisco Catalyst 9800 Series Wireless Controllers running an IOS-XE 17.4.1 release or a later release. This antenna model is not supported on Cisco AireOS Wireless Controllers.)

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The documentation is (indeed) rather clear : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant2566d4m.html#pgfId-81643

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello Marce1000, thanks for response yes I have already read this document & and my query is raised following that document only.

I was seeking information like ANT2566D4M-RS= will work with AireOS WLC or not? may be the self identifying feature may not work but at least signal propagation should work? Or it complete dead for AireOS?

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you need this antenna on AirOS controllers, then look at AIR-ANT2566D4M-R. AIR-ANT2566D4M-RS is not supported on AirOS like the document says.

CJ

Hello Jagan, thanks for response however this model AIR-ANT2566D4M-R is not orderable anymore.

PERI_Admin
Level 1
Level 1

That is really an interesting question. I would assume that only the self-identifying feature is not working and that you can use the antenna without problems in AireOS.

This is the correct answer, only self-identifying feature will not work.

Hello Arshad, We are in a simiular sitation and have to use AIR-ANT2566D4M-RS antennas at new 9800 WLC's with firmware 17.3.4c (upgrade to 17.6.4 will follow later when we get the go from our customer). As far as we understood from the chat, -RS= devices can also be used with older firmware (17.3.4c) on 9800 WLC's. What are there your expierences? Will they work with fixed antenna gain configuration also?

Simon Parlsjo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Was anyone able to determine if the self identifying antennas would work at all on a aireos controller?
We are about to replace a lot of old APs but are still utilizing a 3504. This is due to be replaced next year. Ideally we would like to run the RS (self identifying ) antennas right now on the old controller until it is getting replaced. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card