Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any stats on 2702 vs 3702? Can't decide

Here's the tough decision 2702 or 3702. Has anyone found any comparison between the two in terms of performance. 3 vs 4 transmit antennas make a huge difference. I don't see using the 3G module or security module in the 3702, but I do see the 3702 has 4x4 design rather than a 3x4 design. My vendor has quoted $256.50 more for the 3702 over the 2702. Just not sure which route to go and don't want to pick wrong! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There isn't a huge difference if your testing, due to the clients also. The reason to go with the 3702 is the modular slot.  If you don't plan on ever using the slot, then there is no reason to buy the 3702's because of an additional transmitter unless your budget has room. I have seen my clients go either direction to be honest. They buy the 3702 because it's the best out there and then other just don't want to pay the price for them.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There isn't a huge difference if your testing, due to the clients also. The reason to go with the 3702 is the modular slot.  If you don't plan on ever using the slot, then there is no reason to buy the 3702's because of an additional transmitter unless your budget has room. I have seen my clients go either direction to be honest. They buy the 3702 because it's the best out there and then other just don't want to pay the price for them.

-Scott

-Scott

Well I don't see myself using the modular slot - I imagine just purchasing a purpose built wave 2 APs when they are available. I do like having "best in class" hardware, but I don't know if $256.50 more per AP over the 2700 is worth the "best in class" status. Probably not if I won't see any difference in performance. Luckily a lot of clients are MacBook Pro w/ Retina which support 3 spatial streams and some are iPad Air 2 (2x2), but I'm sure the difference between 2700 and 3700 are negligible. 

I doubt your users will see any difference.

-Scott

-Scott

ndemers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

An easy to read overview of the 1700/2700/3700 series.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/buyers-guide.html#~indoorac

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1250-series/at_a_glance_c45-636090.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card