cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
willianp
Beginner

AP1200 Recover from boot loader HELP!!

Hi,

I have a AP1200 that has no IOS in the flash I need the procedure to upload a new IOS from the boot loader and extract it from the .tar file, I cant find the procedure using the search option.

Thanks in advance,

Willian

5 REPLIES 5
paddyxdoyle
Frequent Contributor
mosingh
Beginner

Hi,

The procedure is somewhere on Cisco.com. Cant find the link right now but here's the procedure :

1. Connect the AP via a crossover to a PC directly.

2. Give any static IP and mask to the PC.

3. Start a TFTP server with a newly downloaded firmware file in the default directory. (say 12.2(15)JA)

4. On the console on the AP give these commands :

ap: flash_init

ap: set IP_ADDR

ap: set NETMASK

ap: set DEFAULT_ROUTER

ap: tftp -xtract tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.ja.tar flash:

5. Press the space bar every time you see the ---More--- prompt.

Hope this helps.

Mohit

Hi

Got exactly the same problem. Tried tu use the upgrade function in the web interface. One hour elapsed and nothing happened. Wait 5 to 15 minutes the message said the procedure should take. 2 AP1230 now wasted.

Use Solarwinds tftp server to try the recovery procedure but nothing happens:(

If i try "boot tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.ja.tar flash:" the message from the AP is magic number mismatch: bad mzip file

Tried to download this file twice (and the previous), setting ethernet speed down etc without success.

Got 9 other 1230´s, but now i dont dare to upgrade them. My problem is that i must do it.

Orjan

Hi Guys,

There are 2 TFTP upgrade processes depending on the type of prompt u're getting on the console.

1. ap>

- Go into enable mode and run this command

ap#archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-xx.XX.tar flash:

2. ap:

-Make sure you have the PC connected directly via a crossover cable to the AP.

- Follow the procedure in the following link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801d0188.html#wp1048378

Hope this helps.

Mohit

This post was 95% helpful.  I banged my head around for a bit before I realized that step 4, last line is incorrect.  It should be tar -xtract, not tftp -xtract  - i.e.:

tar -xtract tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.ja.tar flash:

This command allows the AP to download / expand the new code in the appropriate directory structure.  Hope this helps others...

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad