I have a AP1200 that has no IOS in the flash I need the procedure to upload a new IOS from the boot loader and extract it from the .tar file, I cant find the procedure using the search option.
Thanks in advance,
This document tells you how to:
The procedure is somewhere on Cisco.com. Cant find the link right now but here's the procedure :
1. Connect the AP via a crossover to a PC directly.
2. Give any static IP and mask to the PC.
3. Start a TFTP server with a newly downloaded firmware file in the default directory. (say 12.2(15)JA)
4. On the console on the AP give these commands :
ap: set IP_ADDR
ap: set NETMASK
ap: set DEFAULT_ROUTER
ap: tftp -xtract tftp://
5. Press the space bar every time you see the ---More--- prompt.
Hope this helps.
Got exactly the same problem. Tried tu use the upgrade function in the web interface. One hour elapsed and nothing happened. Wait 5 to 15 minutes the message said the procedure should take. 2 AP1230 now wasted.
Use Solarwinds tftp server to try the recovery procedure but nothing happens:(
If i try "boot tftp://
Tried to download this file twice (and the previous), setting ethernet speed down etc without success.
Got 9 other 1230´s, but now i dont dare to upgrade them. My problem is that i must do it.
There are 2 TFTP upgrade processes depending on the type of prompt u're getting on the console.
- Go into enable mode and run this command
ap#archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp://
-Make sure you have the PC connected directly via a crossover cable to the AP.
- Follow the procedure in the following link :
Hope this helps.
This post was 95% helpful. I banged my head around for a bit before I realized that step 4, last line is incorrect. It should be tar -xtract, not tftp -xtract - i.e.:
tar -xtract tftp://
This command allows the AP to download / expand the new code in the appropriate directory structure. Hope this helps others...