Views
Helpful
Replies

AP2802I-E-K9 - WLC+AP - Green+Blue+Red

Maurizio Caloro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Ok today was deliverd the original Air-pwrinj6 PowerSupply, What a joy!
Reset this AP and Configure anything, for me ready for use.

->Image 8.10.151.0

But LED Flash Green+Blue+Red, please this AP "AP2802I-E-K9" can run as WLC+AP together?
i read in the meantime this can do only the AP "-K9C" but its writing for me not clearly.

please any from you have this setup run without any real "WLC Controller 2504/3502/9800"

i need only the AP2802 that can do this...... thanks for any UPdate

this AP2802i-e-k9 it's configured now as
-->"Primary Controller and preffered master"
-->operation mode "AP+Controller"
-->Activate "Set as Prefered Master"

Also setup DHCP range for Clients, configuration Safed, but LED flashed like in discussion.

i dont see the published SSID from devices. yes the antennas are UP.

Thanks, for any Help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maurizio Caloro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i read from Cisco

The Cisco Mobility Express wireless network solution comprises of at least one 802.11ac Wave 2 Cisco Aironet Series access point (AP) with an in-built software-based wireless controller (WLC) managing other APs in the network.

Ok Mobility Express are installed on this AP2802, but how i can Activate/Manage this, now this AP Search for any possibilities to join to any WLC. Thanks for sending me only seriously answers!

Lightweight Access Point works in conjunction with a Cisco Wireless LAN Controller

I want to activate the WLC+AP function from the 2802 and not create a lightweight

thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are trying to run Mobility Express, you might want to reference the guide for assistance. You might need to get the image in case your ap has a capwap image.

Convert a Cisco CAPWAP AP to a Mobility Express AP – SemFio Networks 

Cisco Mobility Express Deployment Guide - Conversion [Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers] - Cisco

Go through the guide as there are additional steps you need to do.  Country code and NTP for example.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

think the accept licence was a big one missed that caused the AP to not join the ME Controller

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Maurizio Caloro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i read from Cisco

The Cisco Mobility Express wireless network solution comprises of at least one 802.11ac Wave 2 Cisco Aironet Series access point (AP) with an in-built software-based wireless controller (WLC) managing other APs in the network.

Ok Mobility Express are installed on this AP2802, but how i can Activate/Manage this, now this AP Search for any possibilities to join to any WLC. Thanks for sending me only seriously answers!

Lightweight Access Point works in conjunction with a Cisco Wireless LAN Controller

I want to activate the WLC+AP function from the 2802 and not create a lightweight

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card