Views
Helpful
Replies

AP3802I limited channel in custom settings

Clem58
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have 2 APs, one 3802I and one 3802E on a site, these are flexconnect APs connected to a remote WLC 5520.

They were facing issues in 5Ghz, changing often channels, and channel width (Best in RF settings), so we decided to configure them with static configuration.

Do you know why with the 3802E we have every channels in the list for the custom config, and for the 3802I they are limited ?

3802E

Capture1.PNG

3802I

Capture2.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are they the same region?
You find that on the sticker on the device or in the Inventory Tab of the device.

For example: AIR-AP2802I-E-K9, while -E- designates the region. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Whats the value configured as DCA?

Also are you seeing these in DFS channels only or all channels?

All the channels excepting 165 are selected in DCA.

I see this on custom configuration in AP settings 802.11a/n/ac, the drop list should propose me all channels, and for 3802I if begins only by 56.

Are they the same region?
You find that on the sticker on the device or in the Inventory Tab of the device.

For example: AIR-AP2802I-E-K9, while -E- designates the region. 

You're totally right !

Capture.PNG

The 3802E one is a Z model, and 3802I one is a T model, that explains the channels list difference. Many thanks for your help !

joyaljp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check the full model number of both the access points. Maybe both AP's are from different regions eg. -E-K9 and -A-K9. The channel assignment available is based on the region it's defined for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card