cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B Ap's with G adapters on PC could not get DHCP Address

gaban
Level 1
Level 1

We have B AP's in production and we are currently moving towards G AP's and G Card. During this move we had G cards come in. We tested this connecting to the B aps. We get authenticated but could not get DHCP address. We use Leap Auth. Anyone know of a fix. We even tried the beta software for G cards but no luck. We have 12.01-12.03 VX software on B AP's.

5 Replies 5

george.titus
Level 1
Level 1

try upgrading the AP with IOS .JA cisco's latest ios

for support for G radios, as the previous ios does not support G.

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to connect using the G cards but dumbing it down to 11mbs, it does authenticate just does not get DHCP.

I was trying to avoid upgrading them all till we get the G ap's.

try having 2 ap's one for a/b and deselect g and another ap with only g selected, otherwise g card will degrade the throughput for b to 11mbps.

jwmiller
Level 1
Level 1

I have had similiar problems with DHCP using the VxWorks OS. Try removing Broadcast Key Rotation, this is done by setting the Broadcast Key Rotation value to 0. After this change reset the AP, this should clear your DHCP problem

Thanks for your reply. I have installed the NEw 12.04 VX software and it fixed the problems. I have not read the release notes as to why but it seems the newer G cards doesn not work well with B ap's.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card