cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

-B Regulatory Domain access point will not join WLC properly

rsherman
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to join -b regulatory domain access points to a controller properly? I have a 2504 running 8.2.121.0, a known firmware release that supports -b access points. I cannot get the AP's to download the firmware and register properly. They stay up for a few minutes and then reboot repeatedly. I do not currently have console access to them. Do these need primed like the universal AP's do?

19 Replies 19

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Yes they need to be primed in a special way so that the ap learns the country code.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ux-ap/guide/uxap-mobapp-g.html 

That said only B domain access points can share country codes with other B domain access points. Once you have one enabled keep it close to configure others. 

******************************************************************************

HTH

Please rate helpful post! 

www.my80211.com - Blog by a WiFi engineer for WiFi engineers

www.wifitraining.com/about-wifi/ - WiFi Training by hands on WiFi Engineers, Experts and Cisco Wireless VIPs

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks for the reply!

So just to clarify, you prime a B domain access point, the same way you do a universal?

You know what I was responding to two post and I mis typed here. My apologies. No if its a B domain you do not have to have it learn the country code. 

What access point model is not joining ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

AIR-CAP2702e-B-K9

Can you do the following debug ob the WLC while the AP joins and drops off ?

debug lwapp events enable

I have attached the debug. We are specifically looking at the 2 access points that are 10.0.20.101 and 10.0.20.102. I have a primary and secondary controller, running the same config and code.

I dont see the attachment .. 

Sorry about that, clicking the upload button would help....

You see this 

*spamApTask4: Aug 16 11:26:40.050: apType: Ox26 bundleApImageVer:

It should show an ap image but it doesn't. Im not sure why. But can you reboot the WLC and if that doesn't work any way you can update to the latest code. 

I did, but honestly, I wasn't sure what it meant.

It is currently running the latest code 8.2.121.0, and has been rebooted multiple times.

I have had it on the latest 8.0 code and now the latest 8.2 code, and have not had luck with either image.

Let me poke around. 

From the monitor screen take a screen shot of your version of code. 

Here you go!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card