cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

beginner help cisco 1800 router wifi interface

tierream1
Level 1
Level 1

can someone tell me the best way to get the wifi interface up and running on the cisco 1800. I created a ssid for dot11radio O interface. I was able to bind it to one of my vlans. I assigned it an ip address and used no shut. For authentication, i made it open. I am able to ping the wifi interface from the router's CLI. I run show int dot11radio0 and it shows the interface is up. I run show dot11 association and it shows my wifi interface and vlan. For some reason I can not see the ssid being broadcast over the wifi network. If anyone can provide some direction or a sample of a working wifi config that would be great. Im not really concerned about security or wep at the moment. I just want to the simpliest solution for enable wifi on one interface and have the ssid broadcast on the wireless network.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

To configure the Cisco 1800 for wireless connectivity the following needs to be configured.

Perform the following tasks to configure this network scenario:

1.Configure the Root Radio Station

2.Configure Bridging on VLANs

3.Configure Radio Station Subinterfaces

For information on configuring the above mentioned parameters refer to the following URL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008045830f.html#wp999698

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Have you got this working? I have same issue?

IOS won't broadcast the SSID unless "Guest-Mode" is set. I think for the 1800's dot11 interface there is only one BSSID allowed, so make sure you have guest-mode enabled on only one SSID. Don't hold me to that.

The other big thing to do is simply enable terminal monitor from exec. If you missed a configuration step, you'll get a syslog message indicating why the radio wasn't enabled.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card