cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block a Mac on a specific SSID using WLC?

bwillougbhy
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to block a specific mac address from connecting to a specific SSID using the a Wireless Lan Controller 4400? I want to prevent my corporate users from connecting to our guest network which uses web auth. I cannot do an allow mac list since it is a guest network.

3 Replies 3

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

You can configure MAC Filtering under WLAN section for a specific SSID/WLAN.

You can configure list of mac addresses under MAC Filtering section under security tab and once done just select MAC Filtering option check box under WLAN Tab for specific SSID.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig40/c40wlan.htm#wp1084782

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate helpfull post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

As you have discovered, the Mac filtering on the WLC is an Allow (based on Mac address) rather than what you need which is a Deny (based on Mac address). I have not tried this feature but you could try using the Exclusion List (Blacklist) feature. Have a look;

Use SECURITY > AAA > Disabled Client then click New or MONITOR > Clients then click Disable to navigate to this page.

This page allows you to manually Exclusion List (blacklist) a client by MAC address.

Add the MAC Address and an optional Client Description for the client to be disabled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note When you enter a client MAC address to be disabled, the Operating System checks that the MAC address is not one of the known Local Net clients ( Local Net Users), Authorized clients ( MAC Filtering), or Local Management users ( Local Management Users) MAC addresses. If the entered MAC address is on one of these three lists, the Operating System does not allow the MAC address to be manually disabled.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00805a6ad0.html#wp1040588

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Rob

Thanks for the info. I haven't had time to try these fixes but I will try them out and post back the results. Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card