cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast a hidden wlan on some specific APs?

Andreas Haugen
Level 1
Level 1

So I got this request from a client, to make a certain WLAN visable on a certain floor. This WLAN is used all over the building, why is not important.

My first thought was "Nope, can't be done", but then, I thought, or maybe, with AP-groups? But couldn't find sucha option in there.

So I'm turning to you guys to either back me up or show me something cool.

Is it possible to force broadcast on a WLAN, that is usally non-visable, on just some specific APs?

//Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is usally non-visable, on just some specific APs?

Not possible. 

There's another curve ball to this:  Let's just say you've got a three story building.  Let us say that the client wants the SSIDs in the second floor to be broadcasting and the rest to be hidden. 

So if I was in the ground, 1st and 3rd floor, what are the chances that my wireless client can see the SSID coming from the third floor?  Very high.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is usally non-visable, on just some specific APs?

Not possible. 

There's another curve ball to this:  Let's just say you've got a three story building.  Let us say that the client wants the SSIDs in the second floor to be broadcasting and the rest to be hidden. 

So if I was in the ground, 1st and 3rd floor, what are the chances that my wireless client can see the SSID coming from the third floor?  Very high.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card