cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast more than one SSID?

estein
Level 1
Level 1

Will the Cisco 1200 series APs ever have the ability to broadcast more than one SSID on one AP? If so, any idea what version this will be in?

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The products are designed in such a way that only one broadcast SSID is allowed where the unencrypted VLAN is being configured. If you check the configuration notes on CCO with regards to the Broadcast Domain Segmentation, you

will find the following statement : "A maximum of one VLAN can be unencrypted per WLAN ESS. "

You can find the document at the following URL :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch4.htm#103\9750

I know this, but I currently don't have an unencrypted VLAN configured on my AP. I don't have VLANs enabled. I have two SSIDs- one to do Open Authentication and the other does Open Authenticaion . Then I have security set to Ciphers -> TKIP + WEP 128 bit. But I can't figure out how to set them both to broadcast!

I understand that Cisco will support multiple beacon streams from one access point, each carrying one SSID, in a soon to be released IOS version. I imagine publishing four SSIDs at each of my enterprise's many access points - Auth0Nets, Auth1Nets, Auth2Nets, and Auth3Nets for respectively "inadequate or no authentication", "authenticated nonEmployee", "telephony", and "strongly authenticated Employee".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card