cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk delete of cleared faults WLSE 2.9 ?

brian-vachon
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Anyone know of a way to delete all cleared faults?

1 at a time just isn't cutting it!

Thanks,

-Brian

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

In the Display Faults page, click on Select All and then either Acknowledge or Clear them. The diff is as follows:

Acknowledged--This is a state in which you have selected an Active fault from the Fault Summary, and acknowledged it. The fault is removed from the Active list, but the conditions contributing to the fault still exist.

Cleared--This is a state in which all the conditions contributing to the fault no longer exist or when the administrator selects a fault and clears it. Faults generated by polling are automatically cleared based on polled data.

As for purging the fault data, under Devices->Discover->Inventory->Polling->Fault History Truncation Interval controls as when this data is periodically purged automatically

Yip, that's the right answer. you got my vote.

one question though:

suppose a P1 alarm occurs, can the OK on that alarm cancel the email notification. For instance: 8:00am: AP goes down - two 120 second polls pass - SNMP unreacheable raises P1 alarm; after 250 seconds the AP comes up; the P1 state changes state to OK. can one configure the email notification not to be sent, since the AP came up?

Excellent info! Minumum time is 14 days to purge the old entries. Do you know if we can spoof the clock to force a delete? Meaning instead of todays date I change the WLSE to think that it's 2 weeks from now?

Thanks,

-Brian

I have not tried this, but will not recommend doing it eithe. Since changing the clock can affect other functions in WLSE not running correctly.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card