Views
Helpful
Replies

C9115 not able to ping its own interface

owen2
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALl,
i have deploy several EWC and encounter a weird issue with the new arrival of C9115 APs.
The AP is loaded with version 16.12.4a and the ap is not able to ping it own WMI interface and GW.
i thought it will be due to old firmware version. i upgraded to 17.9.5 and the problem still persist.

i have enable ip routing and set ip route but still fail.

Advises will be appreciated.

owen2_0-1719806369856.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

owen2
Level 1
Level 1

I used an existing running EWC as the Master controller. Change all new 9115 APs to CAWAP mode and join and re-update the firmware to 17.9.5.
subsequently change 1 AP to EWC and run. Then it works.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is the AP functional for the rest ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

All 6 APS in 16.12.4a same issue. only capwap mode able to ping gateway and its own interface IP.
only in EWC mode it fail to ping even though ip routing and routes are configure.

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you share complete show run output. 

Jagan Chowdam

This IOS XE issue not relate to specific WLC or SW' it common in all platforms run ios xe as I know.

MHM

owen2
Level 1
Level 1

I used an existing running EWC as the Master controller. Change all new 9115 APs to CAWAP mode and join and re-update the firmware to 17.9.5.
subsequently change 1 AP to EWC and run. Then it works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card