Views
Helpful
Replies

C9115 power up problem

sshahul12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i have a Cisco C9115 Access Point with embedded controller , i tried booting with several POE switches such as 2960S and 2960X and even 9200 series but while in some cases it boots normally in some other cases it seems device is not working properly and even Ethernet port of the radio can not ping via a direct cable connected to same switch - the product data sheet saying even with POE+ switches it should be come up normally. should it be a power issue? because while using 9200 series POE switch problem happens lesser but again in some cases Ethernet port is not accessible , please help me.

thank you in advance

Shahul Eassa

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... should it be a power issue?
  - That depends , if you can not ping it then that might be a basic networking problem such as port setup  , port-configuration and vlan assignment (e.g.) , POE problems are usually shown with different led flashing colors in subsequent order on the access point, best is to attach a console to the access point and scrutinize the boot process.  If it's available on the network and you can connect to it then issue the show logging command just after boot, look for errors related to powering the AP , if any , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like @marce1000 mentioned, take a look at the output of the console while you are booting up.  You will see what the issue is, and if the ap does boot up, you can always try to ping from the ap out.  Might just be a simple basic network issue on your switch.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Note that for POE+ (802.3at) to work correctly CDP or LLDP must be enabled on the switch port otherwise the AP will use standard POE (802.3af) at 15.4W.  However the 9115 will still work at 15.4W but with reduced features as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/datasheet-c78-741988.html#Productspecifications

As the others have said already watching the AP console from power on will tell you exactly what is happening on the AP.

Also make sure your software version is up to date as per the TAC recommended link below.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card