Views
Helpful
Replies

C9130AXI GUI Software Management access problem

hertlcrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have running Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points C9130AXI (17.5.1).

The problem is that I can access the Web GU Software Management, but the page is grayed out and the "Cisco gyroscope" spins and nothing happens!

Have also restarted several times, reseted the config and used different browsers!
Does anyone here have an idea?

Thanks and best Regards

Carsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hertlcrs
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

I found the issue!

An AP2802I with an corrupt config caused the issue!

Thanks and best Regards

Carsten

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

use IE or different browser and test it ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your help, but as I mentioned in the post, I used different browsers, but this does not solve the issue

may be i have over looked, is this come with 17.5.X (or shipped by default ) - can you downgrade and test it ?

Also worth looking verison of browser here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-5/rel-notes/ewc-rn-17-5-x.html#id_128885

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

no the Access Point was not shipped with 17.5.1. I had before also other old versions installed.

The issue occured also with the 17.3.1, thats why i tried the 17.5.1

One day the problem occurred, and I do not know why!

I will downgrade to 17.3.4 and try again

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would definitely try reimagining the AP. Any specific reason to run 17.5.1, I have few running 17.3.X working solid in small branches.

Login to the CLI of the AP and check the CPU and memory utilization, also monitor the logs to see whether it can reveal some info which can be helpful for troubleshooting, or seek for TAC help.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

what actually solved the problem?

Did you try private browser window (Cisco products are a mess with cookies so many only work correctly in private browser window)?

Does your user have priv level 15?

aaa authorization is not supported by GUI so don't try to use it.

the problem ist not solved!

yes my user have priv 15

see here:

username mgmtuser privilege 15 secret 9 $9$1l.I2lEM3lIG3k$hQCg0wpy3vV0pmU9pGUDs/G7mweqah9.gKn8Iwgbeqc

Any other ideas?

Now I would like to downgrade with the CLI to 17.3.1, when I execute the command:
"install add profile default"

the following failure message appears:

"FAILED: install_add : Default profile addition failed due to no response from wireless side"

Also here some ideas for me?

hertlcrs
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

I found the issue!

An AP2802I with an corrupt config caused the issue!

Thanks and best Regards

Carsten

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card