Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800-CL Not enough free memory to run this command, aborting

Hi you all

When doing a radioactive trace on a C9800-CL, it starts the the trace but, when we chose to generate the log it says ->Not enough free memory to run this command, aborting. Unfortunately I do not know the hardware layout on the hyper visor yet. But lookning at the memory on the C9800 it's only using 25%. How to start Troubleshoot this issue

Software 17.6.1

AP 9120AXI

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Files are written in memory first then on disk bootflash:/tracelogs, when it reaches the maximum size it follows FIFO. So as per the theory if your bootflash is having free space this should work. I would also keep an eye on  memory utilization and if all seems ok, I would reach out to TAC.

View solution in original post

Hi Fesk6895

Yes I found a solution.
Converted 9800-CL about from bundle to install mode.

And as far as I know, Install mode Cisco is recommended.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217050-convert-installation-mode-between-instal.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the VM running with correct and dedicated resources? Can you check the bootflash free space and clear all unwarted files. (dir)

Thanks I would trye the suggested.

Unfortunately, the above did not work. VM is create via OVA, resources are allocated via OVA config.4 cores, 8 GB ram, 16GB storage. there is 3GB available out of 6.2GB one the boot flash

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Files are written in memory first then on disk bootflash:/tracelogs, when it reaches the maximum size it follows FIFO. So as per the theory if your bootflash is having free space this should work. I would also keep an eye on  memory utilization and if all seems ok, I would reach out to TAC.

Hi Arshadsaf

Thank you for your time, I think ill reach out for TAC.

Have grate weekend.

Hi Karsten_Andersen

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Hi Fesk6895

Yes I found a solution.
Converted 9800-CL about from bundle to install mode.

And as far as I know, Install mode Cisco is recommended.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217050-convert-installation-mode-between-instal.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card