Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 not broadcasting SSID's

Ingénierie RCI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone !

I'm facing a very strange issue : on a C9800-CL, the assiociated AP's (AP1852E and AP1542I) are not broascasting the configured SSID...

The controller is in 17.5.1, upgraded from the recommanded 17.3.3 version that was initially set up, with the same issue.

I've check everything twice, but it seems that everything is well configured (tag, profile, policies and so on).

I also created a new RF policy as I found that in some cases, the name of the default policy was too long.

When checking the operational status of an AP, all the configuration is shown, the SSID are attached to the AP's.

I already looked on the support community, but don't find anyone with the same issue.

Any idea to troubleshoot/fix this ?

Many thanks

Best regards

9 Replies 9

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check if the radios "Network status"are enabled or not!

Configurations > Radio Configurations > Network

thanks for your answer, I've checked, the radio are enabled.

jegan_rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this problem in 17.3.2a, 17.3.3 and 17.3.4, here is the link to bug  https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvz56650

Reach out Cisco TAC to get 17_3_4_ESW09 (Special Build) image which gives fix.

Thanks for your answer.

I have upgraded in 17.5.1, so I shoudn't still face the bug ?

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue but not quite the same. We just upgraded from Cisco 5508s to 9800s (and new 9120 APs) and so far I know of two clients that can't see a broadcasted guest SSID. Started right after the upgrade. If they come back to a site that is still on 5508s they can see it again. As mentioned it's just two but I have hundreds of clients that are connecting just fine. The tags are assigned correctly or else others wouldn't work either. I'm on 17.3.4c.

Sdiana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have faced the similar issue. Can you please share if you manage to resolve the issue. 

For some clients not seeing a broadcasted guest SSID I had to turn off 802.11ax for 2.4Ghz. Then they could see it. At the time there were bugs with some Intel cards that appeared to be related to this but since they were guests I had no control over them and couldn't update drivers. Since mostly only guests use 2.4Ghz in our environment we really didn't need ax enabled

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card