cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 telemetry problems / how to restart pubd process?

rschroeder1006
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I have a C9800-40 controller that does not send all configured telemetry data to our Telegraf/InfluxDB. Some subscriptions are sent, some not. This worked flawlessly for a few days, then some subscriptions stopped working without any change on our side. Some other subscriptions are continuing sending data.

I would like to restart the pubd process on the controller but don't know how to achieve this without reloading the whole box. Is there any command that I don't know about?

Thanks

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rschroeder1006
Beginner
Beginner

I managed to solve the issue and it wasn't at all a problem with the C9800 controllers!

The problem was in out InfluxDB itself. From Telegraf, I got lots of the following errors:

E! [outputs.influxdb] E! [outputs.influxdb] Failed to write metric (will be dropped: 400 Bad Request): partial write: max-series-per-database limit exceeded: (1000000) dropped=348

So I enabled TSI on our InfluxDB and from then on, all data did it into the database.

Cheers

Robin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

CSCvy37351 seems to fit my issue. I will upgrade from 17.6.3 to 17.6.4 during the night an we will see what happens afterwards.

Thank you for the hint!

Robin

Upgrade did not help, the issue is persisting. I will do further investigations as soon as I have some time for it. I will keep the forum updated.

rschroeder1006
Beginner
Beginner

I managed to solve the issue and it wasn't at all a problem with the C9800 controllers!

The problem was in out InfluxDB itself. From Telegraf, I got lots of the following errors:

E! [outputs.influxdb] E! [outputs.influxdb] Failed to write metric (will be dropped: 400 Bad Request): partial write: max-series-per-database limit exceeded: (1000000) dropped=348

So I enabled TSI on our InfluxDB and from then on, all data did it into the database.

Cheers

Robin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers