Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 - WebUI preview CLI commands before applied

Martin Jelinek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a plan for Catalyst 9800 wireless controllers running on IOS-XE to add a feature into WebUI to kind of "preview commands" before they are applied into the device?

Kind of something possible by Cisco ASDM (ASA firewall management GUI interface).

So basically I believe it would be nice to get CLI output (preview of all commands to be applied once something is configured in GUI) for future reference or future re-use on the additional C9800 instance.

Though it is not possible now or I haven't seen it.

Just wondering if anyone knows about it or not. Kind of very nice to have feature

Thanks,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I too agree this will not happen. What you can do is apply the configuration via the WebUI and then on the “save”, click on “diff”. That will show you what has changed and you can use that for reference.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This "feature" has never been in the WLC GUI, and never seen it in Cisco Road Maps, most probably not enough clients have requested this. Maybe with SD and orchestration, it will come.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi Cristian, 

I know it doesn't exists with AirOS (WLC) - which were even though a bit difficult to cope with in CLI, but IOS-XE is quite nice with structured sections where I would gladly see such feature, so you can easily copy/paste part of the configs like changes in WLANs and policies etc. to other systems if needed.

Since from WebUI you can't just export defined policy or selected policy/settings to import it to other C9800 instance, but maybe something like this will appear in future...

Was wondering if anyone knows about such feature or not.

Thank you

Martin

Cisco Prime Infrastructure would offer you this, if you work with templates ;)
But no, never heard of this, nor do I expect this to come (as you need to click on Apply to apply something).

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I too agree this will not happen. What you can do is apply the configuration via the WebUI and then on the “save”, click on “diff”. That will show you what has changed and you can use that for reference.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Martin Jelinek
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, yeah DIFF is nice one, just still not that easily used as preview as someone might be used from ASDM.

Just tried to ask if someone is aware or know something more. I see that as nice to have, as it might get life easier from administrators having more C9800 instances.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card