cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 wlc filter out AP base on hostname char?

Charlie Grey
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

just like to ask in the controller GUI ALL ACCESS POINTS section, is it possible to filter out AP base on AP hostname?

example -

AP hostname - "T5RK2BAPxx-CA" 

in the AP name column > filter > contains >

how to filter out all AP w hostname that contain "T5RK2B____-CA"???

possible?

post edited.....

7 Replies 7

sorry. but this is not helpful at all.

i m trying to filter out AP in the ALL AP section, not to creating Tag filter.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You are probably get this done quicker by copying the running configuration to an external repository and then for instance use file searching methodologies such as grep in Linux , or by using an editor (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

sorry sir, i edited my post, hope u can understand.

i m just trying to use the controller GUI to filter out AP to move to other controller just for the purpose of software upgrade. i do not understand why need to export to ext repository.??

- Because everything then becomes much easier , if you want to assign APs to another controller then first use this 'offline methodology' to accomplish that , then import the modified running config into the controller again.              You can do that with the relevant part for the APs only , the rest will not be harmed ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

There is search in wlc 

In AP associate windows 

Use seach and write * 

See if all AP appear if yes then search support regex and you can use any online regex to find correct regex for your need 

MHM

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your just trying to look at them, then you can use contains or begins with filters.
As the variable your searching has the XX in the middle, you would need regex to find that, easiest way would be to export all and run the regex in another program

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card