cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Local Mode Cisco Mesh APs (1522/1552) be supported in a Multiple country code 5508 WLC?

laake9999
Level 1
Level 1

I've read previous discussions (i.e., "wlc 5508 multiple country codes + mesh ap") on this forum that stated Mesh APs can't be supported on a WLC set-up with more than one country code configured. If you have Outdoor APs which are set-up for local mode only, and not used in a Mesh wireless architecture (using Mesh Beacons), will this apply as well? I don't know if there are any caveats to this. Or if Cisco 1522/1552 APs can't be supported on a WLC using more than one country code period, regardless for how they are used, since they are considered Mesh APs. Another question, can a WLC support two regions (Region E and Region A), in a two country code assignment? I've read on the forum the downfalls for using more than one country code on a WLC, so understand that it will use the lowest common denominator settings (i.e., power, channels) for operation, so this isn't ideal.

I want to stick to one controller using one country code only. This isn't something I want to do, but we had an issue with an order being processed for APs, which resulted in the wrong region APs being delivered by a vendor, and leadership is exploring alternative options. So, the above is worst case scenario planning if we can't swap the APs back for some legal reason, or if it takes too long to accomplish. We could always purchase a smaller WLC with a license size to support only the different region APs purchased if it comes to it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As per my experience, Normal APs(Local Mode) can work with multiple Country Code .

WLC can support multiple country code but it's a bad idea to have it. Only common channel, power will allowed.

Best is to buy a 2504WLC and use it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As per my experience, Normal APs(Local Mode) can work with multiple Country Code .

WLC can support multiple country code but it's a bad idea to have it. Only common channel, power will allowed.

Best is to buy a 2504WLC and use it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card