Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9120 AP with only .af power

rschroeder1006
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

can anyone give me a hint on how to disable the LED continuously cycling through red-green-blue while a 9120 AP is powered with only 15.4w? Is that possible at all?

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I talked to a Cisco guy about it and got the information that this is working as expected. The only possible solution would be to supply more power to the AP or switch off the LED completely.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the AP as joined the controller, disable the USB and this will save around 4.5w PoE.

Hello Leo,

thank you for the hint regarding USB. This indeed helps saving power (will implement this on the whole campus where possible), but unfortunately not enough. On a PoE+ switch port I see 30.0w with USB enabled and 23.2w with USB disabled, so it saves 6.8w in my case (it is a 9120AXI).

The AP works fine with PoE (15.4w), with the documented restrictions of course, but the LED is constantly flashing red-green-blue. I could just switch the LED off, that works. But I would like the LED to work as normal, even during reduced power. Is there a hidden command to do so?

Thanks

Robin

RMA the AP if the LED keeps flashing.

I talked to a Cisco guy about it and got the information that this is working as expected. The only possible solution would be to supply more power to the AP or switch off the LED completely.

are you talking about PoE?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card