cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9120axi EWC Day 0 Config

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

I have 2 x 9120axi EWC APs & i cannot get the day 0 configuration to work.

They are both running version 16.12.04a & i go through the setup procedure where prompted to input the ip address for the interface, subnet mask, default route & username/ password.

interface GigabitEthernet0
no switchport
no shutdown
ip address 10.64.170.21 255.255.255.0
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.64.170.1
!
username admin privilege 15 password 0 Cisco123!

In the documentation i have seen, at this point i should see an SSID being broadcasted, but there is none.

Also, i cannot ping the interface GigabitEthernet0 from the locally attached switch?

I have tried the factory reset using the button on the AP, but still cannot get any further.

Am i missing something?

thanks Colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

I have resolved this issue, you need to use dhcp when you boot AP out of the box.

then complete the tasks following he command "cat ewc_day0_device_provisioning_guide" 

then run setup to manually configure the mgmt ip address & overide the dhcp assigned ip address

at that point you can then browse the GUI & configure.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

I have also ran the command "cat ewc_day0_device_provisioning_guide" & followed all of the instructions listed in the displayed text output. Still no SSID being broadcast & i still cannot ping the interface. I have tried configuring the switchport as both an access port & a trunk port.

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

I have resolved this issue, you need to use dhcp when you boot AP out of the box.

then complete the tasks following he command "cat ewc_day0_device_provisioning_guide" 

then run setup to manually configure the mgmt ip address & overide the dhcp assigned ip address

at that point you can then browse the GUI & configure.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card