cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW240AC adding a sudordinate AP

Bacha1976
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wireless network with a Cisco CBW240AC access point, I am trying to add another CBW240AC access point as a subordinate AP and according to the documentation you just need to connect the new AP into the LAN as your existing AP and the new AP with update its code to match and download its configuration from the existing AP. But this not happening the new AP starts to boot up but then just hangs in a state with the LED on the front blinking from Green, Amber and to Red. I can however SSH to the new AP and access a limited command line (So it has entered some kind of running state ) and view logs but the logs have so far not been very useful in providing any helpful information. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bacha1976
Level 1
Level 1

Actually last night I found out what the issue was. DHCP attribute option 43 needed to be configured on my DHCP server. I have not been able to find where in the documentation it states this so that was a little frustrating but other than that I have found this to be a great wireless solution for small to medium size environments. It is very scalable and quick and easy to setup just as advertised.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Does this help?
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/kmgmt-2322-flashing-red-LED-pattern-day-zero-setup-CBW.html

And of course make sure they both have the latest firmware installed: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286324978/type/286325362/release/10.3.1.0

Bacha1976
Level 1
Level 1

Actually last night I found out what the issue was. DHCP attribute option 43 needed to be configured on my DHCP server. I have not been able to find where in the documentation it states this so that was a little frustrating but other than that I have found this to be a great wireless solution for small to medium size environments. It is very scalable and quick and easy to setup just as advertised.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card