cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX testing: Radio Measurements

PaulBullough
Level 1
Level 1

In order to test CCX Radio Measurements (S36) one is required to enter a "hidden" test command into the CLI of an access point:

test aprm mreq client .....

as per Appendix K of the CCX Test Plan 1-4.

This should force the access point to generate a measurement request.

Has anyone successfully run this command?

My 1230B access point running firmware 12.3(8)JA2 refuses to accept the command from the telnet session at either the normal or privileged ("enable") level.

Is it available from the telnet interface?

Does the 12.3 IOS series support it (the 12.2 series apparently does, so I would have thought 12.3 would)?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Bullough

3 Replies 3

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

Command was not released until n 12.3(2)JA. Try with the command "test aprm rmreq ap ffb0 dot [0|1] [filename]" .

Thank you for your reply.

That command didn't work either. It consistently reports "Invalid input detected at '^' marker."

With the marker pointed at the letter p in "aprm".

I thought that the version I have 12.3(8)JA2 is more recent than 12.3(2)JA, but admit confusion when it comes to the version numbering system. Is there a definitive release history for the 12.3 branch somewhere on this site?

Hi paul,

i am using cisco air-ap1242 access-point and the Cisco IOS Series AP - System Software

System Software Version: 12.4(10b)JDA
 Bootloader Version: 12.3(7)JA1

Now as per the appendix-K from CCXv1-4 test plan, how to upload the clientreq.txt file to cisco AP from desktop.

also explain, RMREQ generation 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card