Helpful
Replies

Cilent disconnects very often - Iphone 14

HVO-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

WLC-9800-40
Sw: 17.9.3

Hello, I have a client issue with a user. He dissconnects very often and a radio trace and clientinfo shows this:

HVOcisco_0-1693322764083.png

HVOcisco_1-1693323138879.png

Any suggestions what to check ?

regards
Johann Folkestad

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Looking at the radioactive trace it seem that the AP 'was full' and no longer accepting new clients ; also have a checkup of the WLC-9800-40 controller configuration with the CLI command : show tech wireless ; feed the output into 
                                                       https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

If this happens in a crowded area you may need to review the RF design and or add AP's (e.g)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

As @marce1000 said, the AP has reached the maximum number of clients per radio/wlan that is configured so 1) increase that number or 2) add new APs.

Take care with increasing the maximun number of connected clients to a radio as that could lead to issues due to RF congestion like packet drops and disconnections again.

HVO-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

@marce1000 and @JPavonM 
Thank you for your fast reply.
It seems like it is only this iphone client that have problem, other users can connect to the AP.

Regards
Johann Folkestad

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card