cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1250 dipole antenna spacing

sdt
Level 1
Level 1

When using dipole antennas such as AIR-ANT 4941 with the 2.4 Ghz 1250 AP, must the antennas be spaced EXACTLY as far apart as the antenna connectors on the AP, or can the dipoles be spread further out, say to 4" spacing

thank you

Scott

20 Replies 20

Don't be too paranoid.... you will end up messing something els up :)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards

JOE PASINT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old and for the most part it is clear. But I'm a bit thick!

My question is pertaining to the AIR-AP1262n and using 3 (three) AIR-ANT1728 antennas.

I understand by this thread that the antennas should be spaced about 5 inches apart.

So does this mean that I should have one transmit antenna on the left, and then 5 inches over to the right of that antenna the middle receive antenna, then 5 inches to the right of the receive antenna should go the right side transmit antenna? Basically I should emulate the placement of the connectors on the 1262 itself?

Hope this question makes sense!

Thank you in advance.

Joe

Yes you are correct.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott for the fast response.

Take care.

Joe

Thomas Ley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm like Joe and I know this thread is rather old. But be that as it may here is the situation I have (83) AIR-LAP-1231G-A-K9

the client is LXE VX6 terminals (they connect one at any given time) Here is the odd part: the APs have two mobile mark OD9-240 omni directional antennas 9 dBi beam width 14 degrees. Since the 4400 controllers did not have a drop down for that antenna they used a AIR-ANT24120 drop down. I'm receiving (65%) CRC errors and I'm assuming it is some kind of interference.

I plan on changing out the antennas: which ones would you recommend? Also do you think the antenna issue is what is causing the CRC errors?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tom

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card