Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2800 APs seems unable to broadcast

lourdesanne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

I have a 2504 WLC and two 2800 series APs directly connected to POE ports (3&4) of the controller.

Both APs have an IP address which they acquired from our internal DHCP server.

These IP addresses are reachable on the controller and on our remote offices.

Our SSID "CompanyWLAN" is using WPA-TKIP. Controller and APs are now running on 8.2.151.

The issue is, it seems that the APs are still not able to broadcast the SSID.

By the way, the LED status of the AP is cycling to blue, red and green. 

As per the Cisco KB/release, which means "Access point location command invoked".

I've looked into the forums and no luck to solve my issue.

Your comments and suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

L.A.

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is the SSID configured to use TKIP? Please note that TKIP is not supported yet with the 3802 AP's. If this is configured, the SSID will not show up.

I saw this issue on 3802 and one fo my friend also faced the issue on 2802 APs as well. So please try disabling TKIP and use only AES!!!

Also check the radio bands (802.11bgn & 802.11anac) are ON in your WLC!!! and  check "Broadcast SSID" option is enable under WLAN configuration

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your comment.

Cisco has release 8.2.151 o extend the support of TKIP to 1800/2800/3800 series APs right?

This is why we chose this code. And we have around four (4) sites that are running TKIP on 2800 series.

Yes, both radios are operationally UP and SSID is enabled.

Regards.

As per the table 2 , TKIP is supported on 2802 AP:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn82mr5.html

But on release notes..its saying that it will support from 8.3MR1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_cisco_aironet_series_2800_3800_access_point_deployment_guide/b_cisco_aironet_series_2800_3800_access_point_deployment_guide_chapter_01100.html

what you can do is create a Temporary SSID with WPA2+AES and see if it is broadcasting or not!!!

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

I will try this and will update the result.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card