Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9115 EWC with 1832i

beconnect
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All 

we have cisco EWC running with 9115 mixed with 1832i on version 17.9.3,for almost a year.

We having some issues with DTLS errors:

beconnect_0-1719404815916.png

Could you please help ? 

6 Replies 6

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

In case the errors are seen in the DTLS phase we can check which type of certificate and ciphers are used for AP DTLS handshake.

show wireless certification config !! Check DTLS version and cipher suite
show wireless management trustpoint !! Type of certificate used and it's validity
show wireless dtls connections !! Show if DTLS is established for capwap control/data ports used

You can share the AP boot logs by console into one of the APs, reboot the AP and capture the boot logs. 

Also, you should be moving to Cisco TAC recommended code 17.9.5.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwh61011
                       I would also recommend to go for 17.9.5

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

beconnect
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I also find that bug that you sent @marce1000 

Could you just help and clarify if 17.9.5 is suitable also for 1832i mixed with 9115?

Regards

>...Could you just help and clarify if 17.9.5 is suitable also for 1832i mixed with 9115?
   Yes : ref https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html
                            It will work ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks

Hi all,

So problem solved 

Issue seems to be some of the AP´s had static IP addresses and others had dhcp. After that correction all seemed fine

Since we were at the client we upgrade to 17.9.5.0. It was tricky , since the GUI software page was not working and we have it done by CLI ( attached guide)

After 3 or 4 tentatives broken , we were able to have all mixed enviroment under 17.9.5

Regards and thank for support.

As someone told me once ,  Sharing is Caring 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card