cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9120AXI reset in ME environment

Erik Ekman
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install EWC on a 9120AXI. The only way I have to power on the switch is via POE, and the AP will then find a 2802 with mobility express on it and register itself to that controller.

The problem I have is gaining SSH or console access to the 9120. I can reach the AP via SSH, but it denies access. The only way I have partially succeded is by factory resetting the 9120 via the mode button, reboot it and login quickly as soon as possible via console cable during bootup, before it gets any config from ME. The default Cisco/Cisco then works, but I cant get into enable mode, it asks for password and nothing I try will let me in. Once it gets config from ME, the Cisco/Cisco does not work any more.

As far as I know, I have not set up any specific settings regarding local accounts and console access in ME. The only local account on ME is an admin account for managing ME. There is no radius or anything like that. But it clearly does send some config regarding local accounts or console access to the AP. How do I find out what username/password I can use for console access (or SSH), what is the enable password and how can I change it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

First login to ME (WLC) then click on...

Step 1 Navigate to Wireless Settings > Access Points.
Step 2 Click on the Global AP Configuration button and configure the following under the Credentials(SSH) tab:
Username
Password
Enable Password
Step 3 Click Apply.

Once you are done and your AP has joined to this WLC (ME) then you do SSH to your AP IP address and easily access using these credentials.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

First login to ME (WLC) then click on...

Step 1 Navigate to Wireless Settings > Access Points.
Step 2 Click on the Global AP Configuration button and configure the following under the Credentials(SSH) tab:
Username
Password
Enable Password
Step 3 Click Apply.

Once you are done and your AP has joined to this WLC (ME) then you do SSH to your AP IP address and easily access using these credentials.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

There it was.... thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card