Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 CL HA recovery mode status

Cheah Lit Thor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I'm using wlc 9800 cl version 17.5 with SSO HA RMI+RP and one of my vWLC went to recovery mode, and i found the interfaces 1 & 2 uncheck in the checbox(which i dunno why could be like this) at ESXi network adaptor and cause the problem. I did re-enable the network adaptor at the esx but immediately went to dual active status and in vWLC do show the ip duplicate message, in show chassis on both units only 1 unit of vwlc available in cluster. I decide to break the cluster with the command no redun-management xxx at both units active-active chassis but still happening the dual active problem, may i know is it i need to manually write erase one of the vWLC config and re-configure it to join the cluster again? Or any others solution which can remain the existing config. Thanks

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may want to look at ESX(i) networking logs too.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is expected that the standby controller goes in to recovery mode when the gateway becomes unreachable for both WLC's in HA. This is by design to prevent dual active scenario's. First fix the Gateway reachability issue and then just restart the standby controller. Restarting is not strictly needed as per my experience as I have seen most of the physical appliances recover automatically once the Gateway becomes reachable, however I am no VMware expert, but I believe a simple restart could help (only if the gateway is reachable for both WLC's)

Cheah Lit Thor
Level 1
Level 1

Currently i'm shutdown one vWLC and will try to manually write erase and bring up and re-configure it to rejoin existing cluster and let see will it happen the problem again. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card