cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800-CL WMI in Shared VMware Datacenter Environnment

CMH812009
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 9800-CL virtual appliance setup at a 3rd party (multi-tenant) datacenter VMware environment.

In my personal lab environment, I set up the WMI to be an SVI VLAN interface (which routed through Gig2 on the appliance that I had trunked).

In the data center environment, I don't think they will support/allow setting Gig2 as trunk, so my question is, can I assign Gig2 (set as an Access Port vs Trunk) tagged to a specific VLAN and defineGig2 as the WMI?  All the site access points will be in FlexConnect mode, so I assume this will work?  The Cisco documentation doesn't elaborate much on this shared data center environments (but does mention exceptions of using an SVI as the WMI in public cloud environments, which is similar to this multi-tenant setup).

If this is feasible, my second question is related to HA.  When I configure HA (if I can use Gig2 as the WMI), am I correct in saying that the HA IP will need to be in the same VLAN / Subnet as the WMI (and the HA IP will be added as a secondary IP under the Gig2 interface)?

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Have you looked at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/220277-configure-high-availability-sso-on-catal.html?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card