Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 DFS/Radar Commands

CSCO11177789
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We use 2700 series ap with Cisco 9800 controller. In 5ghz network, we suspect dfs issue on the user side. we looked for on gui but not successful.So we need to find cli commands regarding to ap dfs scanning/radar scanning status summary and related events logging. 

we appreciated if you help us.

Best regards

6 Replies 6

unfortunately there is no command like starting with "show wireless ap dfs ......"

Our software version ; 

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.04c
Cisco IOS Software [Amsterdam], C9800 Software (C9800_IOSXE-K9), Version 17.3.4c

It appears that the "show wireless ap dfs" command is not available on your software version. The DFS/Radar feature may not be supported on your version of the Cisco 9800 software. I recommend checking the Cisco documentation for your specific software version to see if this feature is supported and if there are any alternative commands to check DFS/Radar status.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
All the best,
AK

>....unfortunately there is no command like starting with "show wireless ap dfs ......"
  Checkout these commands instead :
                   show wireless dot11h

show ap auto-rf dot11 5ghz

show ap name ap1 auto-rf dot11 5gh

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thank you, especially "show ap auto-rf dot11 5ghz" was very useful when we combine with debug logs including "Radar Detection on active channel" info.

best regards. 

Also here's what the syslog messages look like from COS APs (e.g. 1800/2800/3800 or Catalyst APs), it's probably different from the IOS APs like the 2702: kernel: [*02/26/2024 19:55:33.6542] wlan: [0:D:dfs] WLAN_DEBUG_DFS_ALWAYS : csc_wlan_dfs_handle_radar: RADAR confirmed. center freq = 5290, offset = 0, dfs_use_nol = 2 is_chirp = 0 sidx = 0

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@khorram1998 please stop injecting your ChatGPT-synthesised answers into this community.  You're wasting people's time and filling the threads with mostly generic rubbish and sometimes just plain wrong answers like above!  Frankly I don't even know where ChatGPT got those answers from!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card