Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 HA Configuration Mgt IP

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

All,

I am trying to configure HA with RMI+RP.

As I understand the RMI subnet needs to be the same subnet as the mgt. MGT is using a vlan intrface (100) rather than the sp port. This means you would have 4 ips as below

Controller 1 Mgt vlan 100: 1.1.1.1
Controller 2 Mgt vlan 100: 1.1.1.2
Controller 1 RMI : 1.1.1.3
Controller 2 RMI: 1.1.1.4

That is all fine expect once HA is configured IP addrtess of 1.1.1.2 disappears from secondary unit and I can only see 1.1.1.4

Under controller 1, I can see vlan 100 has ip of 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.3 as secondary ip. I am puzzled why vlan 100 ip on secondary controller is removed. Any thoughts?

Secondly what command can you use to see status of the RP port?

2 Replies 2

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

when i type show wireless interface management, I can't see any info on secondary device but can see an ip for primary. reading cisco paper , it mentions both devices should have a unique wireless managmnent interface prior to ha but doesn't mention what happens after HA and whether the standby losing is ip is expected.

controller version is 17.x

Configure Catalyst 9800 Wireless Controllers in High Availability (HA) Client Stateful Switch Over (SSO) in IOS-XE 16.12 - Cisco

Once the pair of 9800's marry up,  the managmen IP of your original secondary chassis is gone.  It becomes the same as the primary chassis.  However to prevent ip conflicts, the 'ip' is disabled.   To confuse the matter further, the service port goes down also.  Apparently there are cli commands available to interrogate the peer device.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card