cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 WLC Rouge AP detection

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have noticed that AP's within the same location are detecting a configured SSID as rouge.  All AP's appear to be inheriting the correct policy from the controller.  There are multiple rouge SSID's being detected but the only one that is being classified as  Malicious is one that is configured on the controller.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- That could be a bug ; what is the current software version being used ; go for 17.9.4a (latest advisory)+  latest APSP , if applicable

Also have a checkup of the  9800 WLC configuration using the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output into:
                                                                                                                          Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What model of WLC?
What version of software?
What model of APs?

There have been a number of bugs with incorrect rogue detection.  As @marce1000 has already said - make sure your software is up to date to resolve known fixed bugs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card