Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-AP4800-E-K9 Configuration

sibelk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an access point, air-ap4800-e-k9 model. But I could not configure it.

Firstly, I connect it power machine , it power AP with poe.

I access ap with console  cable.  Then I connect it with controller.

But it does not broadcast. I am new in network device.

How can I configure AP?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. How much power is the switch providing to the AP? 
  2. Is the AP loaded with CAPWAP image or Mobility Express? 
  3. Is DHCP Option 43 enabled?
  4. What firmware is the WLC running on? 
  5. What country is configured on the controller?

1. From poe+ power machine interface, I dont see how much power is switching, its state poe+ feeding mode.

2. I access ap with console I see CAPWAP discovery. I think capwap image loaded. I try to load mobility express but I didnt.

3. I dont know DHCP option 43. I try to enable it but I could not see from console. How it works and How can enable it?

4. I dont know the firmware is running on WLC. And I dont reach WLC I did not configure it and I do not know username and password.

5. Turkey.

@sibelk wrote:

1. From poe+ power machine interface, I dont see how much power is switching, its state poe+ feeding mode.

You need to confirm that.  AP requires, a minimum of, 30.0w.  If the switch can only provide 20.0w (or less) then the AP will power up but, for obvious reasons, the radios will all be down. 

@sibelk wrote:

3. I dont know DHCP option 43. I try to enable it but I could not see from console. How it works and How can enable it?

DHCP OPTION 43 for Lightweight Cisco Aironet Access Points Configuration Example

@sibelk wrote:

4. I dont know the firmware is running on WLC. And I dont reach WLC I did not configure it and I do not know username and password.

Well, you need to find this out.  4800 requires a minimum of 8.7.X.X.  If the WLC is running an earlier version the AP won't join the controller.

The fact that you can’t access the WLC, is a big thing. You can’t verify anything at all. If you are new and your role is to manage or support the wireless, your fist task is to get access to all these devices so that you can be successful in your role. You can’t just buy devices and connect them to the network as there might be provisioning that needs to be done from the controller for instance.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card